- Proof of Identity: license, state ID or birth certificate
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Proof that you live in Massachusetts: driver's license, or utility bill, or tax forms
- Non-citizen status: green card or immigration papers (only if you are not a U.S. citizen).
If your monthly income is below the following limits, there is no asset test:
$1,473 for a HOUSEHOLD of ONE
$1,984 for a HOUSEHOLD of TWO
If your monthly income exceeds these levels, you will have to pass an asset test.
Verifications for Income : SNAP Eligibility Information
- Earned income: pay stubs from the last four weeks or a letter from your employer.
- Other income: proof of Social Security income (statement or bank statement), pension, workers' compensation, and/or child support.
- Self-employment income: most recent tax forms or business records for the last three months.
- Rental income: If you get paid by someone who rents a room or apartment from you, a copy of the lease agreement or statement from your tenant showing the amount of rent paid.
- Housing (mortgage statement, tax bill, home insurance, rent receipt)
- Utilities (most recent bill)
- Medical expenses (health insurance premiums, pharmacy printouts, hospital bills, over the counter medication receipts, dental care, eyeglasses, transportation costs to obtain medical treatment etc.)
- Child support and/or child or adult care.