Please click the link below for additional information.
Please click the links below regarding a public notice concerning your drinking water.
FRIENDS OF PONTOOSUC LAKE BULLETINJune 13, 2022LAKEWEED MANAGEMENT PLAN STILL A NO-GO
Contratulations to our Slogan Contest Winners:1st Place Submitted by Charles "Butch" Garrity: Gateway to Greylock, Best...
At the Select Board's next meeting on July 11th they will be making committee appointments.
Please complete the following survey: ...
Below is a list of links that may be of interest to Lanesborough residents or visitors. If you know of a site that may be useful, please email the Town Secretary.
- MA Department of Conservation & Recreation
- MA Department of Environmental Protection
- MA Dept. of Fisheries and Wildlife
- Berkshire Community College
- Bard College at Simon's Rock
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA)
- Williams College
- Berkshire Regional Transit Authority - BRTA (buses)
- Elder Services of Berkshire County
- Lanesborough Council on Aging (residently only)
Other Government Sites
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Northern Berkshire Registry of Deeds
- Berkshire Regional Planning Commission
- Massachusetts Secretary of State
- Ashuwillticook Rail Trail - This trail runs parallel to Route 8 through the towns of Lanesborough, Cheshire and Adams. Great for walking, bicycling, cross country skiing and rollerblading.
- Balance Rock - Balance Rock is in Balance Rock State Park, which now has been combined with Pittsfield State Forest. Great for hiking.
- Mount Greylock State Reservation - The reservation sprawls across parts of Lanesborough, Cheshire, Adams, and New Ashford. Mt. Greylock is the highest peak in Massachusetts.
- History of Lanesborough (1885) - From Hamilton Child's 1885 History of Berkshire County
- Lanesborough Ballyleague, Ireland - "our sister city"
- Residents of Lanesborough in 1885 - From Hamilton Child's "Gazetteer of Berkshire County,"
- Another Early History of Lanesborough - Hooker, Henry B. "A History of the Town of Lanesborough." In A History of the County of Berkshire, Massachusetts, ed. Samuel W. Bush, 386-391. Pittsfield, MA: Samuel W. Bush, 1829. Transcribed by Dawn Marie Quinn
- Massachusetts General Laws - This link takes you to a page where you can search the Massachusetts General Laws
The Berkshire Vaccine Collaborative is administering the COVID-19 vaccine to our community as quickly as possible: safely, effectively, and efficiently. Phase 2 vaccinations begin February 1st for individuals 75 years or older and individuals from Phase 1 (health care workers, those living or working in congregate care, first responders, and home health workers). Click HERE to schedule an appointment.
Dear Lanesborough Residents,
We are aware of the difficult time everyone is facing. The Town Government is working diligently to keep you safe and informed. We have created this page to aid in that endeavor. In light of the Governor’s Press Release in December 2021 and in accordance with the Federal and Massachusetts State recommendations to aid in minimizing the spread of COVID-19, it has been recommended by the Department of health that we continue to utilize caution. It is strongly advised that all residents, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask or face covering when indoors.
Town Hall is open to the public and services are available online at www.Lanesborough-ma.gov, including tax payments and building permits, excise payments, and dog licenses. For any late payments the Town Collector can be called at 413-442-0813, for an amount due and materials can be left in the dropbox outside the front door 24 hours a day. Lastly, all items can be mailed to us at 83 North Main Street, PO Box 1492, Lanesborough, MA 01237.
Massachusetts 2-1-1 - Massachusetts residents are urged to use 2-1-1 for information, resources, and referrals regarding COVID-19. Operators are staffing this hotline 24/7 and translators are available in multiple languages. Residents with questions can dial 2-1-1 from any landline or cellphone, or use the live chat option on the Mass 2-1-1 website.